Kings Lynn: 01553 766795
Downham Market: 01366 384182
Wisbech: 01945 461112
Social fund funeral payments
Under certain circumstances you may be eligible for a contribution towards funeral expenses from the Department of Work & Pensions (DWP) Social Fund. This will generally apply should there be insufficient funds and you or your partner are/were in receipt of a benefit.
For a claim to be processed, a SF200 ‘Funeral Payments from the Social Fund’ form will need to be completed by the claimant and sent, together with a copy of the funeral account, to the nearest Job centre Plus within three months of the funeral taking place.
Benefits and tax credits
You may be eligible for a Funeral Payment from the Social Fund if you or your partner are receiving any of the following benefits or tax credits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Pension Credit
- Housing Benefit
- Council Tax Benefit (or the Council Tax payer where you live gets a Second Adult Rebate because you are on a low income)
- Working Tax Credit which includes a disability or severe disability element
- Child Tax Credit at a rate higher than the family element
The term ‘partner’ is used here to mean: A person you are married to or person you live with as if you are married to them, a civil partner, or person you live with as if you are civil partners
For more information please visit the DWP website.
When completed form SF200 and funeral invoice can be sent to
Tel no 08007310469
To download and print off a Form for help you will need SF200 click here